You have after-hours care options when The Health Center is closed.
The Health Center is open from 8am-4pm Monday through Friday. Wingate University students who have emergencies or need care when it’s closed can still receive the help they need.
In Case of Emergency
Wingate University students should call 911 or contact the CMC-Union Hospital in case of emergency. The phone number is 980-993-3100. Emergency physicians are available 24 hours a day. You’re responsible for payment when you are seen at the hospital or are referred off-campus for treatment or follow-up care.
For students enrolled in the Wingate-sponsored plan through United Healthcare, free access to a licensed provider is available after hours and on weekends. This service offers access to a provider (ie: Skype or Face time) who can:
- Answer general health questions
- Assess new symptoms
- Call in prescriptions to a local pharmacy
- Diagnose health conditions
- Recommend treatment options
- Refer you for emergency treatment or follow-up care
Other After-Hours options:
- Minute Clinic
- inside CVS Hilltop, 625 E Roosevelt Blvd, Monroe, NC 28112; 704-289-8513)
- Carolinas Healthcare System Urgent Care-Monroe
- 613 E Roosevelt Blvd, Monroe, NC 28112; 704-283-8193
- FastMed Urgent Care
- 242-A W Roosevelt Blvd, Monroe, NC 28110; 707-220-1904
Have questions about emergencies or care when The Health Center is closed? Drop by the Clubhouse or e-mail the Health Center.