Do you plan to commute to Wingate University? This Commuter Application is for you.
Wingate University is unique in that we are a four-year residential community. While living on campus, you can learn life skills from rooming with someone new, being independent from your parents, experiencing new freedoms and making personal choices.
Learning happens on a college campus long after the classroom lights have dimmed and offices have closed. Communication, conflict resolution, spiritual development and decision making are constant parts of the college experience. By living on campus, you have greater access to institutional resources such as the library, dining hall and faculty offices as well as club and organization opportunities.
While we encourage undergraduate full-time students to live on campus, we understand that some of our students have needs that make commuting a more practical option. Wingate University requires full-time undergraduate students to live on campus unless you:
- Are 23 years old on or before the first day of class
- Are a ninth-semester senior
- Are married and living with your spouse
- Live in the principal residence of your parents/guardians
- Other reason not specified above. If this is the case, you need to provide an explanation for why you are seeking an exception to the residential requirement in the application below.
If you qualify for any of the above exceptions and wish to commute, please complete this application.