Faith. Knowledge. Service. Experience God. Grow in community. Share grace in the world.
Wingate University is committed to integrating Christian thought with dynamic Christian living. Student Ministries respects freedom of conscience and never demands religious conformity. At Wingate University, Christian truth is present not only in the classroom, but also in the lives of faculty and students who represent a broad spectrum of beliefs.
At Wingate University:
- We strive to provide a setting where students discover and grow into their own beliefs.
- We strive to guide students toward a lifetime of faith development.
- We strive to lead students to love God with all their heart, soul, mind and strength and to love their neighbor.
How Can You Get Involved?
Student Ministries assists those who may be asking themselves, “What does God want me to do with my life?” However, you don’t have to ask deep questions to connect with Student Ministries. A variety of opportunities are available to help you grow in your faith.
- BREATHE is a student-led worship service for students of different denominations, campus groups and backgrounds. As one body, students experience music, scripture and devotionals. BREATHE meets on Wednesday evenings at 9pm in Helms Forum in the Dickson-Palmer Center.
- The Center for Vocational Ministry helps students discover and discern a call to ministry, be it as a church leader, community advocate or service provider to those in need. For more information, email the Office of Student Ministries or call 704-233-8026.
- Clubs and organizations provide a variety of faith experiences for Wingate University students:
- University Chapel is a more traditional worship service, blending conventional music with relevant topics on faith development. These services are held at 3:30pm every Wednesday.
For the current schedule or for more information, please contact us.