Faith and academic excellence go hand-in-hand at Wingate University.
Wingate University strives to create an atmosphere in which students mature in their understanding and application of our motto: Faith, Knowledge, Service. Our cultural and religious programming allows students to grow in knowledge even beyond what is taught in the classroom.
Wingate University is committed to being a place where Christian ideals are integrated with dynamic Christian living. That’s why we offer:
- BREATHE: This student-led worship service meets on Wednesday evenings at 9pm in Helms Forum in the Dickson-Palmer Center.
- Care packages: Every semester the Office of Student Ministries raises funds to provide care packages and religious programming for students.
- Church services: Most major denominations as well as nondenominational and independent churches are located throughout the Wingate area. These churches welcome students to their regular worship services and special events.
- Mission/experience trips: Wingate students travel throughout the United States and abroad during spring break conducting mission work.
- Retreats: Students enjoy a relaxing weekend away from campus filled with fun and fellowship.
- University Chapel: Faculty, staff and guest speakers lead these services which blend music with relevant topics on faith development.
- Volunteering: Heading up food drives is a rewarding way students give back to the community.
- College can be especially challenging for new students, sometimes overwhelming. We seek to reassure you that you are exactly where you are meant to be at this time in your life. “Remember that you are not here alone.
- Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.” -Joshua 1:9
- Even when that exam gets the best of you, or you think you’ll never finish that paper, keep in mind that it will all come together in the end. Every day is another opportunity to begin again.
- “I can do all things through him who strengthens me.” -Philippians 4:13
- When you encounter obstacles, whether daily or on occasion, take the high road. If you maintain dignity and respect for yourself, you’ll come out on top.
- “Show yourself in all respects to be a model of good works, and in your teaching show integrity, dignity, and sound speech that cannot be condemned, so that an opponent may be put to shame, having nothing evil to say about us.” -Titus 2:7-8
- Your work here, regardless of your major or future aspirations, is for a great cause, and God is with you.
- “Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men.” -Colossians 3:23