It’s easy to participate in Wingate University’s bike sharing program. Simply download an app and rent a bike.
Skip the drive and choose a BIGG WHEELZ bike instead. If you’re new to Wingate’s bike share program, you must first download the Movatic app to rent a bike. Please note that downloading the app involves obtaining authorization to participate in the program, which could take up to 48 hours. So plan ahead by downloading the app before hopping on a bike.
Download the App
Follow these steps to download the bike share app:
- Search for “Movatic” in the same place you search for other apps on your iPhone or Android device.
- Enter your contact information after you install the app.
- Enter the SMS code that is texted to your phone.
- Click Join a Private System.
- Enter “Wingate University.”
After you click to join Wingate University’s private system, you’ll see a message saying that administrator approval is required. You should receive notification once you’re approved.
Rent a Bike
After you download the app and are approved to join the system, you’re all set to rent a bike from Wingate University’s bike share program. The app makes it a breeze. All you have to do is:
- Tap on the Wingate University pin on the map.
- Choose one of the stations on campus to rent a bike and click Rent a Bike at this Station.
- You’ll receive a code to enter into the bike’s key box.
- Enter the code into the key box to open it.
- Remove the key from the box and unlock the bike from the station.
When you’re ready to return the bike, open the app and click End Rental. Follow the steps to open the key box to return the key.
Please contact us if you have questions about the Movatic bike share app or about renting or returning a BIGG WHEELZ bike.