Wingate University is a family.
And the Wingate University Department of Campus Safety is committed to providing a safe educational and work environment for our family of students, faculty and staff.
We are available day and night to assist you with any campus safety concerns:
- Campus Safety: 704-233-8999
- Wingate Police (non-emergency): 704-233-5657
- Police (emergency): 911
We also offer access to a broad range of campus safety resources:
- Campus Safety Brochure (PDF)
- Fire Evacuation Map (PDF)
For more information about campus safety, please view the Wingate University Annual Security Report, which is available as a downloadable PDF.
- Parking permits are required on all Wingate University parking lots.
- Parking regulations are in effect 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Vehicle operators must comply with federal, state, local and University parking regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Vehicle operators must obtain a parking permit from Campus Safety at the beginning of the academic year.
- Permits must be clearly visible and placed on the back left corner of the vehicle’s rear window. Vehicles must be parked in the lot that corresponds with the permit. Permits must correspond to the current term to be valid. If damaged or lost, visit the Department of Campus Safety to request another permit
- Violations of the following University parking regulations may result in a citation, fine, loss of campus parking privileges, or vehicle may be towed at the owner’s expense.
- Parking at the University without a current permit displayed – $25
- Parking in a Fire Lane/Tow Away Zone – $50
- Parking in a Handicap space without proper handicap tag or placard – $50
- Parked in a Reserved/Restricted Area – $25
- Blocked and/or Straddling, End of Aisle – $50
- Parked in an Improper Area for Permit – $25
- Blocking Traffic/Crosswalk/Access – $50
- Parking on grass/landscape/sidewalks on University Property – $25
- Parking at Yellow Curb – $25
- Improper display of Permit – $25
- Anyone with more than four (4) parking violations during the school year will be considered persistent offenders and are subject to being towed if found parked illegally on campus.
Town of Wingate Parking Violations
- Most parking violations in the Town of Wingate are associated with a fine. Failure to pay may result in criminal or civil sanctions. Questions regarding the procedure for appealing a ticket issued by the Wingate Police Department should be directed to the Chief of Police.
- All tows are done at the owner’s expense. Violations that may warrant towing include the following:
- Parking in Marked Handicapped Space
- Blocking Traffic/Crosswalk/Access
- Tow Away Zones/Fire Lanes
- Parking on Grass or Landscape
- Abandoned Vehicles
- Restricted Parking
- Tickets should be paid at the Wingate University Business Office.
- Appeals should be sent via WUSync on the Parking Appeals Form within 48 hours of receiving the ticket and are considered on a monthly basis. All final decisions will be communicated in writing via WUSync to the student’s email.
- Faculty/Staff (Yellow F/S) Permit
- Commuter Student (Green C) Permit
- Residential (Orange R) Permit
- Levine College of Health Sciences (Blue L) Permit
- Visitor Permits (Neon Yellow hang tags)
Overnight/Short Term Parking
- Anyone who is going to leave their vehicle overnight or for any length of time must notify the Department of Campus Safety why they are leaving the vehicle and for how long. Any vehicles that are left on campus must have a current parking permit, or it can be subject to immediate tow.
Storage of Vehicles
- University parking facilities may not be used for long term storage.
Use of Multiple Vehicles
- All vehicles parked on University property must have a valid parking permit on display. Multiple cars will require each vehicle to be registered with the Department of Campus Safety, but only one vehicle at the time is permitted on campus.
Lot Maintenance/Special Event Parking/Inclement Weather
- The University reserves the right to close and/or restrict parking areas for maintenance or snow removal.
Damage to Your Vehicle
- Wingate University is not responsible for loss, theft, or damage to any vehicle, or its contents, while parked on a University lot.
Emergency Parking Situations
- In the event of vehicular breakdowns, call the Department of Campus Safety at 704-233-8999 and report the vehicle.
Public Safety Services
- Non-Emergency: If you need to contact the Department of Campus Safety, you can call 704-233-8999 from off campus or x8999 on a campus phone.
- Emergency: Call 911.
Do not know where to park? Call 704-233-8999 and speak to the Department of Campus Safety.