Do you have a disability and need accommodation?

the campus quad with a circular design in cement with paths heading different directions coming out of it

People with certain disabilities can receive accommodations so that they can participate in campus events, like classes and sports, the same as everyone else.
To be eligible for accommodations at Wingate University, you must first meet the Americans with Disabilities Act definition of a person with a disability:

“Any person who has a physical or mental impairment which substantially limits one or more of such person’s major life activities, has a record of such an impairment, or is regarded as having such an impairment.”

Are You Eligible?

As a Wingate University student, you are eligible for protection under these laws if you:

  • Have a disability
  • Have declared that disability
  • Provided appropriate documentation
  • Are otherwise qualified to participate in the university’s programs and activities

What to Do Next

Students who have provided the university with documentation of a disability may request reasonable modification, accommodations or auxiliary aids which will enable them to participate in and benefit from the university’s programs and activities.

Please remember: People with disabilities receive accommodations to have access equal to what others have. As a result, the modification, accommodations or auxiliary aids cannot alter the essential nature or requirements of the programs and activities.

Contact Us

If you meet this definition and would like to request an accommodation, or if you have questions about the definition or the university’s accommodations, please e-mail or call Kristin Wharton at 704-233-8366. Of course, you’re also welcome to stop by the Academic Resource Center on the second floor of the library.