Under $500 to fly to a city where French is the official language? Oui, oui.
Our International Studies program welcomes you to sharpen your French skills in the city of Quebec, a UNESCO WorldHeritage Site and the only walled city north of Mexico. While in Quebec, you’ll study at the University of Laval, the oldest Francophone university in North America. Wander through streets filled with European charm and international restaurants, stores and more. Experience all this multicultural city has to offer, including:
- Centuries old wall system encircling Old Quebec
- Cobblestone streets lined with restaurants and boutiques
- Hundreds of restaurants featuring foods from every corner of the globe
- The imposing St. Lawrence River, the gateway to America
- Montmorency Falls, a mighty waterfall 30 meters higher than Niagara Falls
- Rue du Trésor, Old Quebec’s open air art gallery
Ready to Pack Your Bags?
To be considered for the program, you must have a 2.5 cumulative GPA and be in good disciplinary standing at Wingate University. If you’re a U.S. citizen, you also need a U.S. passport. If you’re a citizen of another country, check with the Canadian embassy for possible visa requirements.
The cost is $3200, which includes:
- Breakfast and dinner everyday
- Campus facility access
- Class materials
- Daily language classes
- Homestay in a private home with a local family
- International health insurance
- Peer mentors
- Six credits of Wingate summer tuition
Keep in mind that other costs not listed above include:
- Airfare (around $400)
- Baggage fees
- Lunches ($5/day)
- Passport costs if you don’t have one (about $165)
- Spending money for shopping or other extra excursions and activities
You may be eligible for a WINGS grant to help with the cost of studying in Quebec.
Want to Hear More?