W’International: 1 class, 2 credits, 10 days abroad*
Wingate University’s signature W’International Program gives eligible juniors the opportunity to study abroad. You go abroad for 10 days after either the fall or spring semester as part of a two-credit seminar developed by our faculty.
- The W’International Program began in 1978. The program is heavily subsidized by the University to allow all Wingate students to have the opportunity to study abroad.
- With the W’International Program, you can study abroad for 10 days for about $2000 or less (depending on the program location).
- All W’International programs combine a semester-long course with a study abroad program. You must pass the course in order to study abroad. If you complete both portions (on-campus and study abroad), then you will receive 2 credits.
- W’International programs have traveled to South Korea, Brazil, Cuba, the United Kingdom, Costa Rica, Cambodia, and Egypt–just to name a few! The courses and locations are submitted by faculty each year for selection by a review committee.
- Students can sign up for the W’International program during the spring of their sophomore year, and join the program during their junior year (eligibility allowing).
W’International Eligibility Requirements
- A passing grade in the seminar prior to the study abroad portion
- Cumulative GPA of 2.3 by the beginning of the semester of participation
- Full-time enrollment status during the semester of participation
- Junior class standing (at least 57 credit hours earned)
- No outstanding debt or encumbrances to Wingate University at the time of participation (clear up those library fines and parking tickets!)
- Transfer students with junior class standing must have completed one semester as full-time Wingate University students
Watch this YouTube video to learn more about the W’International experience: