Cap and gown? Check. Announcements? Check. Hooding ceremony? Check. Before you complete your graduate program, here’s what you need to know and do.
Checklists are must-have planning tools when you’re busy trying to finish up your graduate degree program. To simplify your preparations, we created this checklist of everything you need to do and consider before you leave Wingate University.
- Clear all your financial obligations with Wingate University by May 8, 2017.
- Complete your student loan exit counseling online. You must do so by April 21, 2017.
- Apply for graduation. Applications are also available in the Ballantyne campus office.
- Attend your hooding ceremony. Graduate education, physician assistant studies, physical therapy and sport science students receive their hoods at events during the week of May 15. MBA and MAC graduates receive their hoods at an 8 a.m. ceremony the morning of Commencement.
- Complete all final assessments, examinations and evaluations.
- Ensure that all graduation requirements, including capstone projects, if applicable, are met. Review your academic catalog for the details of your program.
- Submit official transcripts from other institutions if necessary.
- Turn in substitution forms if necessary for MAC, MBA and graduate education students.
- Complete your commencement application.
- Order personalized announcements and other commencement-related items from Herff Jones.
- Purchase your cap and gown from Herff Jones.
- Mail your commencement announcements.
- Send in your RSVP to attend the Commencement Breakfast.
- Visit the Office of Internships and Career Services for information about job searches.
- Attend the Commencement Breakfast on Friday, May 19, 2017 at 9 a.m.
- Attend the mandatory Commencement rehearsal on Friday, May 19, 2017 at 10 a.m. Line up between Ethel K. Library and Wingate Baptist Church immediately following Senior Breakfast.
- Commencement is in Academic Quad on Saturday, May 20, 2017 starting at 9 a.m. Please arrive by 8:30 a.m., dressed in your cap and gown.
- Order your graduation photos or a DVD.
Tip: Print this list and check off items as you complete them. If you have more questions, check out our Commencement FAQs. You’re one step closer to becoming a valued Wingate University alum!