Cap and gown? Check. Announcements? Check. Hooding ceremony? Check. Before you complete your graduate program, here’s what you need to know and do.
Checklists are must-have planning tools when you’re busy trying to finish up your graduate degree program. To simplify your preparations, we created this checklist of everything you need to do and consider before you leave Wingate University.
- Clear all your financial obligations with Wingate University by December 4, 2017 for fall Commencement and April 30, 2018 for spring Commencement. If you are an August graduate, you must be registered and paid in full by April 30, 2018 in order to participate in spring Commencement.
- Complete your student loan exit counseling online by November 15th for fall Commencement and by April 15th for spring Commencement.
- Apply for graduation.
- Fall degree candidates will attend hooding ceremonies. Information regarding fall hooding ceremonies are available from your program’s dean or director.
- Spring degree candidates will be hooded during the Commencement ceremony.
- Ensure that all graduation requirements, including capstone projects, if applicable, are met. Review your academic catalog for the details of your program.
- Submit official transcripts from other institutions if necessary.
- Turn in substitution forms if necessary for MAC, MBA and graduate education students.
- Complete your commencement application.
- Order personalized announcements and other commencement-related items from Herff Jones.
- Purchase your cap and gown from Herff Jones.
- Mail your commencement announcements.
- View the Commencement video to prepare for the ceremony.
- Fall Commencement is in Austin Auditorium. Degree candidates, dressed in academic regalia, arrive at the lobby of J.M. Smith Residence Hall by 8:30 a.m. on Saturday, December 16th.
- Spring Commencement is on the Wingate Academic Quad. Degree candidates should be dressed in academic regalia and should arrive by 5:30 p.m. on Friday, May 11th.
- Order your graduation photos or a DVD.
Spring Farewell Celebration
- Attend the Spring Farewell Celebration on Friday, May 11, 2018 at 9:30 a.m. on the lawn and promenade in front of the Batte Center.
Tip: Print this list and check off items as you complete them. If you have more questions, check out our Commencement FAQs. You’re one step closer to becoming a valued Wingate University alum!