Spring Graduation Fair: one-stop shopping for everything you need for commencement.
The Spring Graduation Fair takes place the first Tuesday after Spring Break each March. This festive event provides a range of information and services to seniors who are about to graduate, along with a bit of fun. Here’s a sampling of fair participants:
- Alumni Development: You’ll receive information crafted for alums. And you can get an “alumni” wingate.edu e-mail address for use after you graduate.
- Business Office: Reps from this office can help you make sure your balance is paid in full before Commencement. You need to have cleared any outstanding balances by May 2nd in order to participate in commencement.
- Ethel K. Smith Library: The library staff conducts a survey of fair attendees to make the library a better place for future students.
- Herff Jones, Inc.: Order personalized commencement announcements, your class ring and other Commencement-related items.
- If It’s Digital: A professional photographer is available to take your Commencement photos. There’s also a themed photo booth to take more candid shots with friends and fellow graduates.
- Lyceum Events: A representative from the Office of Academic Affairs can confirm the number of Lyceum events you have attended.
- Registrar’s Office: A representative is on hand to verify the spelling of your name for your diploma and the Commencement program. You’ll also receive a packet of information with a checklist, answers to questions, a transcript request form and other useful information. If you have any questions about Commencement, you can email the Registrar.
- Senior Class Gift: If you’d like to make a donation or use your deposit as a donation toward the senior class gift, a class representative can help you complete a donor card.
- Student Financial Planning: If you have a student loan, you must complete the exit loan paperwork before Commencement. Staff members can help you. You must complete the exit counseling by November 15th for December Commencement and by April 15th for both May and August graduates.
- Wingate Outfitters: You can purchase your cap and gown from the bookstore during the fair. You’ll need to know your height and weight to place the order.
We know you have a million things to do as you near Commencement. The graduation fair helps you through many of them.