From A to Z, we spell out the undergraduate commencement requirements right here.
Have you done everything you must do to become a Wingate University graduate? How do you know? Good news: We’ve removed all the guesswork. Here are the specific requirements you must fulfill to graduate:
- A minimum GPA of 2.0 overall in both your major and your minor. (Education and Exercise Science majors must earn a 2.7 and 2.5 respectively to graduate.)
- A paid-in-full university account before commencement for all necessary coursework. You must have fulfilled all financial obligations to Wingate University.
- At least 125 hours or the minimum required for your major.
- Attendance at a minimum of 24 Lyceum events. Transfer students may need to have fewer.
- At least 40 hours total of 300- or 400-level courses. The exception? Biology majors require 34 hours of 300- or 400-level courses.
- Completion of the General Education (Global Perspectives and University Foundations) requirements plus the requirements for your major. Several majors offer a choice between the Bachelor of Science and the Bachelor of Arts degrees. The coursework for one or the other must be complete.
- Completion of your last 30 hours immediately before commencement on Wingate University’s campus.
- Completion of the exit exam in your major.
- Some majors, such as Education and Exercise Science, require a minimum grade of “C-” in all classes in the major.
August Graduates’ Requirements
If you expect to graduate in August, you can choose to participate in the May Commencement ceremony. You may do so if you meet all of the above requirements. In addition, you must have completed all degree requirements by the end of the second summer term.
We know there’s a lot to complete and that you want to be absolutely sure you meet the graduation requirements. If you have questions, check out our Commencement FAQs page. You can also contact the Office of the Registrar. We’re always here to help.