Cap and gown? Check. Commencement announcements? Check. Commencement checklist? Check!
Checklists are must-have planning tools when you’re busy trying to graduate. To simplify your preparations, we created this commencement checklist. Here are your “must-do” items to check off your to-do list before you graduate:
- Clear all your financial obligations with Wingate University by December 4, 2017 for fall Commencement and by April 30, 2018 for spring Commencement. If you are an August graduate, you must register and prepay for your summer classes by April 30, 2018.
- Complete your student loan exit counseling online. You must do so by November 15th (December graduates) or April 15th (May graduates).
- Apply for graduation.
- Attend Lyceum events if you haven’t completed the 24 required for undergraduate students on the main campus.
- Register for your exit exam.
- Review degree audit results during a meeting with the Registrar’s Office. ABD students should review their audit with Ms. Charlesa Hann.
- Report any withdrawals or failing grades to the Registrar’s Office.
- Turn in any required substitution forms.
- Complete your Commencement application.
- Order personalized announcements and other commencement-related items from Herff Jones.
- Purchase your cap and gown from Herff Jones before Commencement practice.
- Mail your Commencement announcements.
- Visit the Center for Vocations, Internships and Career Services for information about job searches and applying to graduate school.
- View the Commencement video on YouTube to prepare yourself for the ceremony.
- For fall Commencement, arrive dressed in your cap and gown on Saturday, December 16th at 8:30 a.m. in the lobby of J.M. Smith Residence Hall. For spring Commencement, arrive dressed in your cap and gown on Saturday, May 12th at Church Street. Spring graduates line up between the Ethel K. Smith Library and Wingate Baptist Church.
- Order your graduation photos or a DVD.
Spring Commencement Events
- Undergraduates attend the Graduation Fair on the McGee Promenade on Tuesday, March 13, 2018 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., weather permitting.
- Send in your RSVP to attend the Commencement Breakfast.
- Attend Commencement Breakfast on Friday, May 11, 2018 at 9 a.m.
- Attend Baccalaureate on Friday, May 11, 2018 at 10 a.m.
Tip: Print this list and check off items as you complete them. You’re one step closer to becoming a valued Wingate University alum!