Cap and gown? Check. Commencement announcements? Check. Commencement checklist? Check!
Checklists are must-have planning tools when you’re busy trying to graduate. To simplify your preparations, we created this commencement checklist. Here are your “must-do” items to check off your to-do list before you graduate:
- Clear all your financial obligations with Wingate University by May 8th, 2017. If you are an August graduate, you must register and prepay for your summer classes by this date.
- Complete your student loan exit counseling online. You must do so by November 15, 2016 (December graduates) or April 15, 2017 (May graduates).
- Apply for graduation.
- Attend Lyceum events if you haven’t completed the 40 required for undergraduate students on the main campus.
- Register for your exit exam.
- Review degree audit results during a meeting with the Registrar’s Office. ABD students should review their audit with Ms. Amanda Sudol.
- Report any withdrawals or failing grades to the Registrar’s Office.
- Turn in any required substitution forms.
- Complete your Commencement application.
- Undergraduates attend the Graduation Fair on the McGee Promenade on Tuesday, March 14th, 2017 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., weather permitting.a.m. to 2 p.m., weather permitting.
- Order personalized announcements and other commencement-related items from Herff Jones.
- Purchase your cap and gown from Herff Jones before Commencement practice.
- Mail your Commencement announcements.
- Send in your RSVP to attend the Commencement Breakfast.
- Visit the Office of Internships and Career Services for information about job searches and applying to graduate school.
- Attend Commencement Breakfast on Friday, May 19th, 2017 at 9 a.m.
- Attend the mandatory commencement rehearsal on Friday, May 19th, 2017 at 10 a.m. Line up in the between Ethel K. Smith Library and Wingate Baptist Church immediately following Commencement Breakfast.
- Arrive dressed in your cap and gown on Saturday, May 20th, 2017 for the Commencement ceremony. Graduates line up between the Ethel K. Smith Library and Wingate Baptist Church at 8:30 a.m.
- Order your graduation photos or a DVD.
Tip: Print this list and check off items as you complete them. You’re one step closer to becoming a valued Wingate University alum!