Transferable college credits: Your transfer evaluation shows what you’ve earned.

As a transfer student, you will need to provide your official academic records from previous colleges and universities you attended. We complete a transfer evaluation. It shows what classes you completed before transfer and what credits you receive upon transfer. If you want to receive AP credit or CLEP credit, we will need your official scores from the College Board. Have all of your records sent to the Office of Admissions.

Adding up transferable college credits

The Office of Admissions forwards your academic records to the Office of the Registrar for an official transfer evaluation. We then determine how the credits you earned at another college translate into Wingate University credit.

Here’s an example of a transfer evaluation:

Wingate University Transfer Evaluation

Date: June 22, 2014

Name: Jones, Joe

ID Number: 00123456

Major: Sport Management

Central Community College:

Transfer Work Grade Wingate Equivalent Hours
ART 111 B ART 103 3
SPA 111 B SPAN 101 3
SPA 112 B SPAN 102 3
ENG 112 B ENG 102 3
HIS 121 B HIST Elective 3
PSY 150 B PSYC 201 3

State University:

Transfer Work Grade Wingate Equivalent Hours
ASTRO 1000 C SCI Elective (GER) 4
RELIG 2001 A REL Elective 3

Total transfer quality points earned: 63 + 20 = 83

Total transfer hours accepted: 21 + 7 = 28

Transfer grade point average: 2.964

Student class level: 2 or 1st semester sophomore

Copy sent to student: June 22, 2014

If you need help with your transfer credit evaluation, contact the Office of the Registrar.