Board of Visitors advances the personal growth and development of Wingate University’s students and faculty.
Composed of alumni and friends of the university, the Board of Visitors provides grants from the Board of Visitors Fund to sponsor special one-of-a-kind student and faculty projects. Members also serve as ambassadors for the university.
The Board of Visitors awards approximately $40,000 to our faculty and students each year. Over the past decade, 141 grants, totaling $430,000, have been awarded. These grants enabled students and faculty to take advantage of special learning opportunities, including:
- Career Development Internship Experiences
- Earthwatch Madagascar Expedition
- New Writing Center
- Undergraduate Research Journal
- Volleyball Team Mission Trip to Nicaragua
Board of Visitors members are expected to:
- Assist the president in achieving the strategic plan of the university
- Attend two board meetings each year
- Give or secure a $1,000 gift to the Board of Visitors Fund
- Interact with students and faculty at each board meeting
- Recruit one new member to the board during their term
- Support the Christian philosophy and ideals of Wingate University as a faith-based institution, where Faith, Knowledge and Service are our three pillars
- Serve a four-year term
- Serve as ambassadors of goodwill and information on behalf of the university in their local communities, among neighbors, friends, alumni, parishioners, business associates, high school students, prospective donors and potential members.
If you’d like to join the Board of Visitors or have questions about it, please email Ms. Becca Jones or call her at 704-233-8828.