Wayfind is a free college access program with a foundation in mentorship. Every Spring, twenty 8th graders from East Union and Monroe Middle School (10 students at each school) get the opportunity to become Wayfind Scholars.
Each scholar receives a college mentor (a current Wingate University student) who guides, supports, and encourages them along their college-going journey. Wayfind Scholars create a roadmap for college planning, receive SAT & ACT prep., go on college visits, and more!
Wayfind is a very rewarding and selective program, and seeks to serve applicants who fall under the following:
- Future first-generation college student
- Shows Academic Promise (good grades, attendance, behavior, good academic standing)
- Taken/will take PSAT8
- Score 390(+) Reading & Writing, 430 (+) Math
- Demonstrate Socio-Economic Need
- Qualify for Free & Reduced Lunch
- Historically Underrepresented in Higher Education
- (i.e. first-gen, student of color, etc.)
After being accepted into the program in 8th grade, Wayfind Scholars receive mentoring and support throughout all four years of high school - completing the program once they've graduated high school. At the end of the program, if a scholar applies and is accepted into Wingate University they receive a four-year, full tuition scholarship for being a Wayfind Scholar!
So far, Wingate has invested more than $2.5 million in the inaugural class of Wayfind Scholars set to graduate in 2023! If you're in eighth grade and attend East Union or Monroe Middle you don't want to miss out on this wonderful opportunity!"