Welcome to our new Wingate parents!
We look forward to partnering with you as your student begins a college experience rich with exciting opportunities and new challenges. Ensuring all students have the opportunity to Major in a Great Life is our primary goal!
The Wingate Family
The day your student submits their enrollment deposit, you’re officially a member of the Wingate family, too. You’ll receive the monthly parent eNewsletter to keep you up to date. We also encourage your involvement in the great things happening at Wingate University:
- Learn more about campus via Campus Information for Prospective Parents.
- Make plans to visit campus during The Wingate Family Weekend.
- Join the Wingate University Parents Society.
- Contribute to the Annual Fund to ensure a strong future.
- Contact our Office of Parent Relations when you have questions.
We know you’ll be proud of your student as they become more independent and responsible and earn their degree over the next four years. We know, too, this is a time of mixed emotions, as you seek assurances your student is safe, eating regularly and well rested. We value your trust and take these concerns seriously.
Wingate University offers our parents support, services and encouragement through online resources:
- Campus Safety
- Counseling Information for Parents
- Drug & Alcohol Awareness for Parents
- Is Greek Life Right for My Student
- Mandatory Health Insurance for Students
- Parents FAQs
- Parents’ Guide for Students in Distress
- What Parents Need to Know about Student Rights
Our commitment includes helping students make informed academic choices to achieve their post-commencement career and life goals. We’ve prepared the following resources to assist you in guiding their choices:
- Career Planning 101
- Helping Students Choose a Major and Career
- How to Help Your Student Explore Careers
- How to Help Your Student Find a Job
We’re blessed to be part of this pivotal stage in your student’s life. We pledge to support parents and students throughout the transition as they take ownership of their time at Wingate University.
You’re now a a key part of the Wingate family. Thank you for letting us share in your student’s educational pursuits. We’re excited about what the future holds!